Thursday, June 4, 2015

WEEK 31!!!!

Hey, guys. First of all, I am SO tired. But, on the bright side, everyone in my zone is starting to notice how obvious it is that I've lost weight. I really wish I knew how much I weighed, because I'm actually a bit scared to know for myself just how much weight exactly I have lost so far in my mission. Anyway, things are going pretty smooth. I'm beyond excited for this up-and-coming Sunday - Mother's Day! :D - because I'll finally be able to Skype call home again. It's been crazy hard, but to be given a blessing like that after a while is definitely without a doubt worth it.
                                               
What's going down, everybody? It feels like it's been literally FOREVER since last week. SO much has happened this past week, including yet another BAPTISM! :D Her name is Maria Ponce, she's 85 years old (wow, I know), and she was EXTREMELY Catholic. But, after she took the time to listen to and ponder our message of the Restoration, she prayed and asked God if our Church is true. And, not only did she receive an answer, but the answer was a definite YES! It just goes to show that when you "lose your life" like it says in the Scriptures, you never know what kind of life that you're going to find. I couldn't be happier with the life that I found, full of serving others, and being able to help others feel the joy, peace, and overall happiness that can be found through heeding to the presence and the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

As it also says in the Scriptures, "there is Opposition in all things." It was nowhere near easy to get to where I am in my mission. To get to where I am now, to finally be able to take a deep breath and relax a little, I had to scratch and claw my way up. I can't tell you how many times I've already said this, and how many times I'm probably going to say this, but I know with an absolute certainty that things are only going to get all the harder from this point on, and if I'm willing to submit to the will of God, and give it my all - and just a little bit more - things will work out, and everything's going to turn out okay.

It's been hard, but to see the Light of Christ and the influence that it has in each and every one of these people's lives is beyond a blessing. To bring others closer to my Lord and my God through His teachings, as well as through teaching alongside the presence of His Holy Spirit is a grand privilege. Two years may seem long, but to me, I can only wish that I could give more to my Savior, in exchange for all that He's given me. I've both heard and seen messages that have opened my eyes as to any and all that my Savior has given me, and has given everyone. I bear witness as a representive of Jesus Christ that, not only does He live, but He suffered and gave His life for each and every one of us, that we may have a way to return to live with our Heavenly Father, and with His Only Begotten Son, our Savior, our Redeemer, the Bread of Life, the Living Water, the Prince of Peace, and our Divine Older Brother, even Jesus Christ. I love you all, and may each of you come to know and remember the influence that Jesus Christ and His Everlasting Gospel has for each of you. Until next week, take care, pray always, and may God be with you!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment