Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 91

Hi, Mom. So, I learned this past week that this ward needs far more help than I initially thought it needed. My companion does talk to me a little more, simply because I'm willing to go out of the way and build some unity between us, as opposed to us having an awkward companionship until either we get transfers or I go home. If there's anything that I could let him know, it's that I love all of my companions, no matter how much they may or may not like me, but I know leaving those kinds of feelings to stir inside of me aren't going to help anyone (especially me). So, just as a quick little summary, I'm a little stressed out (if you guys couldn't tell), because my mind's just been all over the place, thinking about my companion, my sector, my family/home, and just thinking about how I can not lose my marbles before I come home this September. However, so as not to end this e-mail on a sour note, I just want to give a big shout-out to back home by saying HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I do have plans to make us some of these burgers that I found in the supermarket here in Durán, so maybe that'll help break the ice and tension that's a little uncomfortably prominent between Elder Ames and I (the Gringos) and our companions, who just so happen to both be from Peru. I am a bit bitter about not being able to see some explosions, but I honestly wouldn't trade this Work for absolutely anything in the world. I'm so grateful for the things that the mission has opened my eyes up to, and I even felt prompted to bear my testimony about it yesterday. I would like to give another huge thank you for all of the love, the prayers, and the support that everyone's given me during my mission, because I truly feel like I never would've made it even this far if it weren't for everyone. Thank you guys so much, and until next week, take care!!!


Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment