Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 87

Hi, Mom. So, I'm not going to lie, when I say that this past week and this upcoming week are going to be the most stressful weeks that I believe I have ever had the misfortune of encountering in the mission. Last week, I couldn't help, but think a LOT about home (the basic things that tend to scare a soon-to-be Returned Missionary, like Job, Education, and Marriage). Not only that, but this week, we have House Inspections from Pdt. and Sis. Riggins, AND a Multi-mission Conference with special guest Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Also, we have a new system of reporting our numbers and progress to the District and Zone Leaders, which is super annoying just to watch my buddy Elder Williams deal with, because he's District Leader (but not our's, which makes this Calling Game that he now has to play a whole lot more fun to watch). In other words, all four of us are super stressed out, and it's just making teaching (and trying to find more people to teach, because we're running out) a whole lot more "joyful", hahahahahaha. Hope everything's going great at home, tell Nika and Auston congratulations for me, because I could tell from our Skype Call last Mother's Day that they earned those awards. Let Nika know that I also wish her a Happy 12th Birthday, in addition to telling you and Dad Happy 22nd Anniversary (this is the part where Leilani plays Taylor Swift's song "22", and doesn't laugh at my bad pun joke). Perhaps that's why last week felt so... Hollow to me, due to the lack of celebration. Anyway, I love all you guys a ton, and I hope you guys had an awesome celebration for both occasions. I hope Leilani's not losing any hopes of going on a mission, because I can't tell her and the rest of you guys just how big a blessing it's been for me to serve. I'm grateful for all of the things I've learned here, and also for all of the amazing people that I've come to know, love, and help draw closer to God, as I have. I love you guys, and I would totally send more pictures... If I had the time to take any this past week, hahahahahaha. But, I promise that I'll make it up to you guys, because this place is AWESOME! But, until next week, stay "classy"! (Do you guys get it?? Because school's out for Summer Vacation, and there aren't any classes until just before I get back, and... Nevermind, my pun-jokes aren't as funny as they are in my head, hahaha...) Love you guys, and take care!!!


Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "poderoso" Parke


PS: I did get your guys' package, and I'm SUPER grateful for what was in it, especially the white shirts. The money I had to use to scrape by, because we didn't get money for 3 whole weeks, but I'm okay. Thanks, and I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment