Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 89

Hi, Mom. So, if you guys haven't guessed yet, the reason why I'm so late to write you guys this week is (of course) because I got transferred. It wasn't because of anything wrong, but there were just a huge amount of transfers, missionaries finishing, and new missionaries coming all at the same time. I'm going to miss working with Elder Melzer and the Vergeles Ward a lot, especially because of how AMAZING it felt to work there. I'm now in the Zone Duran Norte (North), and my new companion is Elder Obeso from Peru. I have no idea how to pronounce my new sector's name, and I'm still trying to wrap it around my head that I got transferred after only more or less 6 weeks in Vergeles. But, if you ask anyone, I'm not one to question the will of God. If God says my service is needed elsewhere, then I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go. I don't really have too much to say because of my sudden transfer, but I did have plans to write you guys and testify about how much I've learned, especially these past couple of weeks (entering into the last stretch, and all). I can see my Spirit and testimony growing, and it almost breaks my heart that I'm starting to see this change in myself now, as opposed to sooner in my mission. More than absolutely anything in the world, I wish I could come back to Ecuador as soon as I can after my mission. I really want to see all of the people that I got to meet and help progress spiritually during my time here, and as strange as this may sound, I may consider living here, and seeing how I can perhaps help hasten the work. Obviously not as a missionary, but as an extremely faithful member. As of two weeks (especially after hearing the super powerful devotional by Elder Rasband, I've gained a new-found love for the people here in Ecuador, and helping them progress spiritually. Though I'm down to my last 12 weeks here as a missionary, I'm going to promise all of you guys that I'll make the absolute most of each and every day. I love you guys, and I pray that you guys can continue to seek for the Lord's hand each day by looking for even the littlest of miracles. Until next week, keep praying often, and I want to thank everyone for all of the love and support. Take care!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment