Monday, July 27, 2015

WEEK 43!!!!


Hey, Mom. Let me just start off with how I finally got the package with the new socks and wallet! I was so freaking happy, and everyone in my zone can agree, hahahahaha. However, I still haven't gotten any of the other packages, letters, or stuff from Kelly and Sherri. But, according to my good friend (who is also the Materials Secretary) Elder Moreno, it should be coming any week now if it isn't waiting in Customs already. That being said, I'm still waiting with anticipation for it, and I'm going to share whatever it is that they sent me with everyone, if possible.

I'm really glad to hear that everyone's doing awesome. Tell Leilani for me that the best parts that she can look forward to after getting her wisdom teeth and tonsils out are endless bowls of ice cream and milkshakes, hahahahaha! Jokes aside, that's really cool to hear how she's doing everything she possibly can to get ready for her mission. Let me know how she's doing with the spiritual part about getting ready to serve, too. You know, reading and studying the Book of Mormon, Preach My Gospel, and when she gets her Patriarchal Blessing. By far, my favorite part when I was getting ready to serve was when I got my Patriarchal Blessing.

Normally, like a ton of other missionaries, I wasn't expecting time around me to be going by as smoothly and quickly as it's been. The kids are growing so much (both physically and spiritually), and I had to take a sec or two to re-read the super awesome news about dad and his new job. That's pretty mind-blowing, if you ask me, hahaha. As for me, I'm just cruising on by, trying to enjoy any and all the little miracles that are around me, which includes the blessing of writing and hearing from you guys each week. Even though the mission can sometimes be admittedly discouraging, I can't forget (especially because it holds a place in my heart) that I'm not just a missionary right now. I'm a representative of Jesus Christ. Alongside my companion, it's up to me to do anything and everything I can to help and invite those whom the Lord has prepared at this time to come unto Him. It's going to be hard, but it was hard even for Jesus. My companion helped me see that in the Scriptures that, even though we will be hated by man, we will be rewarded for our perseverance, diligence, and our efforts to Hasten The Work.

I don't think that I'll be able to write the Taylors a hand-written letter, because like I said, the mail system here is pretty klunky. If you guys can do me a gigantic favor, let them know that I miss them (especially those cute little kids) a lot, and I miss the blessing of visiting them with Brother Hunt. Let me know too how that cute lil girl Jordyn is doing too. I'm kinda surprised that I still remember how often that tiny little loved to smile, haha. Let Caleb and Cameron know that I miss talking about Football, Movies, The Office, and other crazy things with those boys. It was an absolute blast and a great privilege to get to know each of those guys before I left, so without a doubt they need to know how I'm doing here, too. Thanks a ton, and I'll talk to you guys next week! I love you guys so much, and don't forget to keep praying often, and look out for each and every one of the little miracles that God places in your life to lift you up :) Take care!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment