Monday, July 27, 2015

WEEK 42!!!!

Hey, guys. Let me just start off with how even though my mission's been going by in a flash, it feels as if I'm just running into a brick wall over and over again. I mean, I'm honestly not sure if this is meant to happen, or this is a demonstration of what I deserve, or something. We had 5 baptisms in our first 2 months as a companionship, but now... I'm really not sure what's going on...

Even though our companionship has never been better than it is right now, the baptisms... Stopped. We've prayed, we've fasted, we've offered service every single day, we've asked all of our members for references, we've asked all of the friends of our members for references, and most importantly, we've knocked on EVERY door in our sector... TWICE. I'm fairly certain that we've tried everything we could to find new investigators / new families to teach. But, nothing seems to work.

However, I'm not going to give up. Not now, and most certainly not for another 14 months. I've worked too long and (in my personal opinion) too hard to give up now. It may be slow now, but things can only get better, I believe. It's for this reason that I couldn't be more grateful for the love and support that I've been able to feel and receive through each of your guys' prayers. It may be painfully hard now, but I look extremely forward to the day, when I can look in the eyes of my Mission President literally (and when I can look in the eyes of my Heavenly Father figuratively), and give thanks for this once-in-a-lifetime experience, and be able to bring people closer to Christ, and receive His restored Gospel. Until next time, take care everyone, and keep praying often! Oh, and I'm really sorry if I haven't received any of the mail that everyone's been sending to me. The mail system here is beyond sketchy, and I'm still looking forward to about 5 packages, hahaha!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke


PS: (To My Family) If you guys can, can you PLEASE send me a copy of my Patriarchal Blessing for me to read and study? I can't seem to find the copy that I took with me on the mission. Thanks!!! Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment