Monday, July 6, 2015

WEEK 39!!

Hey, Mom. I'm glad you guys got the photo that Sam took. He's actually not from our ward, haha. He's a really good friend of the Padillas, who are my recent converts, and also the family that helped me be able to Skype Call you guys for Mother's Day. Him and his family were visiting the Padillas for Father's Day yesterday, and decided to ask me if he could ask me if he could search me on Facebook. I said sure, why not, and before I knew it, Leilani had accepted his friend request, and he wanted to take a picture to send to you guys, hahahaha. But yeah, he's alright, and I'm not just saying that because his dad's a bishop, haha.

I couldn't be more grateful to say Happy Father's Day to my awesome, supportive dad. The reason I can't help but think about playing Call of Duty alongside him even though I'm down here in Ecuador serving a mission is because... I honestly wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I know I've gotten under his skin, and we've had our father-son fights before, but I can't help but love and miss my dad (and the rest of my family) more than ever. Especially during Father's Day, and seeing all these happy families spending time with each of their dads.

Before I go, I just want to say how stressful it can be down here as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The reason I say that is how much work it is. But, I know with a surety in my soul and in my heart that what I'm doing is right, even though it can be hard sometimes. If I didn't mention in my last e-mail, last week marked the 4 month-aversary of the companionship between my Peruvian companion, Elder Alcantara, and myself. That's the longest time that the two of us have ever had a companion in either of our missions. Even though we've argued a lot, we've also been there for each other through the good times, as well as the not-so-good. I just want to extend a quick message of gratitude for having such an awesome companion as mine that has helped me learn so much.
Take care, everyone, and thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment