Monday, July 27, 2015

WEEK 41!!!

Hey howdy hey! How's it going, family and friends? Elder Poderoso Parke, and let me just say right now that the weather here is just about as unpredictible as the weather in Idaho. The reason I say that is because the day that I told my companion that I'm not going to bring my rain jacket with me... IT RAINS! IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY! The even weirder part is that it's been cloudy all this past week, but the only time it truly rained was the day that I didn't have my jacket. Don't you guys just love the little trials that God places in our paths to try our patience such as that? I know I do, hahahahahaha!

So, I recently heard that the person that misses me most (aside from my cute dog Clark) is my younger brother, Auston. If anyone doesn't know yet, that tall, skinny white boy's a fireball both on and off the tennis court. It almost scared me when I saw how tall he's gotten when I video called my family for Mother's Day. When I left for my mission, he was as tall as my sister, Leilani. Now, he's taller than me! I miss that kid more than anything, because he's got a firecracker of a personality. I have faith that Auston can do just about anything that he puts his heart and mind into. One of those things being that he's going to become the next Pete Sampras AKA Tennis superstar. I miss you tons, little brother, but know that you got a special spot in my heart. Not even being down here in Ecuador can I forget finding Auston awake at 6 in the morning, playing Minecraft on the weekends, hahahahahaha!

The work's been a bit slow lately, so an idea that my companion and I got from our Mission President was to try going out in Proselyting Clothes ON P-DAY! It's a little crazy, but at this point, we're willing to do anything and everything we can to find those souls that Heavenly Father has prepared to received the Restored Gospel through us as tools in His hands, and representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The success may not come right away, but both my companion and I know that if we keep giving it our all, the blessings and success that we truly deserve will come. Until next week, I love all you guys, keep praying often, and thanks for all the love, support, and especially the prayers! Take care!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke


No comments:

Post a Comment