Saturday, August 8, 2015

WEEK44!!!

Hi, Mom. I can't lie, it's been pretty hard, especially this past week. So, what happened is for whatsoever reason, the stepdad of the family that would let us use their washing machine for our clothes not only let us not wash there anymore, but he took away the keys that they had given us. And, just when it couldn't get any more tougher, we received the Magic Phone Call that same Sunday night last night from the Assistants to the President, saying that my companion Elder Alcantara had been transferred to El Triunfo (outside of Guayaquil). He couldn't fit a bunch of his stuff back into his bags, so he gave me some of his stuff... Including a Chess Set that he had been given as a gift that we would always play against each other with.

It's been ferociously stressful lately, with a ton of changes, a ton of stuff going on, and all because my companion and I had interviews with President Riggins. If you guys haven't been counting, I've been in my sector and ward of Las Americas for nearly 7 months now, and just now they're transferring (and basically separating) my companion and I. I can now understand a little more clearer why it's not such an extremely good idea to have companions or be in the same sector for more than 5 months in the mission. It's was honestly moderately hard to finally say farewell to my companion Elder Alcantara, and to thank him for any and all that he's done to help me become the better missionary that I now am. Let me just now say that thanks to Elder Alcantara, it's now a habit of mine to eat 2 hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, I can talk more easily to people (members and strangers alike), and my faith and testimony has grown a TON. I'm now with Elder Finch (a gringo from Alaska who has 5 months more than me in the Mission), but according to President Riggins, I'll only be with him in this sector for maybe 1 more month. After that, I'll most likely be taking my leave from Good Ol' Las Americas, as well. I gave it all I could to help the members, investigators, and less active members try to come to know that Jesus and Heavenly Father love them enough to send us here, and not only invite them, but help them through any and all means necessary to Come Unto Christ by accepting His restored Gospel, and His restored Church. In the end, I feel kinda bummed that even though I tried everything (praying, fasting, reading the Scriptures, seeking guidance from our DL, ZL, and even APs and President), it still wasn't quite enough. Regardless, I'll still make an effort to come back some day, and visit anyone and everyone that I possibly could. I love this sector (and the people and members in it) more than anything, even though the Work's been a bit slow lately. Before I conclude, I obviously can't forget to give a shout-out to my awesome uncle Wayne for his birthday, and I couldn't thank him and his wife Sherri for all their love and support that they've been able to give me as I continue to serve dilligently and faithfully on my mission here in Ecuador. I love you guys so much, and thank you so much for the love, support, and prayers that I've been given. Until next week, keep praying often, and NEVER stop pressing onward!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment