Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 74

Hi, Mom. This week was a lot better for me, personally. I've been doing a lot better at losing myself in the work, and not focusing on my limitations. My companion and I have been trying a lot to have me talk more and "loosen my tongue and delcare glad tidings unto this generation." A comment that our Recent Convert, Alfredo, recently told us really struck me. He asked if I could offer the opening prayer before our lesson, and his reason for asking me to do it was that, "the quietest people are the most understanding and intelligent." It meant a lot coming from him, because he was known for making a lot of comments about Elder Chunga, Elder Reilly's companion before me. Elder Reilly and I believe that he could make a great leader in the Church, because he's already got a lot of knowledge, in addition to a great desire and capacity to learn more about the Church and its teachings. With his experiences as an ex-alcoholic, and how crazy of a ride it's been up until his and his wife's baptisms, we have a lot of faith that he can bless the lives of a lot of people, including his family. I will admit that it hasn't been the easiest mission, but I've learned a lot, and know that I could only get better. God gives us trials in our lives, because as His children, He knows us, He loves us, and He understands us. Because of this, He knows exactly where our limitations are. Each day, He utilizes these trials to help us get stronger both physically and spiritually. I can't wait to take advantage of the knowledge, wisdom, and especially the spiritual experiences that He has blessed me with here in the mission to bless the lives of those around me for years to come after I bid farewell to Ecuador. I love you guys a ton, and I'm so grateful for your love and support to help me each day. Take care!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke


PS: I did get your package

No comments:

Post a Comment