Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 70

Hi, Mom. Last week was by far the most monstrous week that I personally have ever had to face in the mission field as of now. Monday and Tuesday we had Food Poisoning, Wednesday nearly all of our appointments just threw themselves out the window, Thursday we had to travel to Babahoyo for training, and we had to spend the night in VInces, so didn't get home until Friday morning. The rest of Friday was just like Wednesday, and we had to do a truckload of "weekly planning" on Saturday. Sunday was as slow as usual here, because we don't get to proselyte until after 6 in the afternoon. So, sorry that I'm writing a day late again. Yesterday, we went to Guayaquil for P-Day, and so I can talk to President Riggins about how I personally can spiritually progress more effectively and efficiently in my mission. He didn't schedule it; I actually did when we were in Babahoyo for a Zones Conference last week. I really wanted to talk to him especially about some things in my past that were keeping me from progressing now. President helped me see in our interview that I'm not perfect, I'm nowhere near perfect, and that I'll most likely never be the very definition of perfect (in this lifetime, anyway). He let me know that I've got to stop throwing myself under the bus for the fact that I'm not the perfect missionary, and there will be times where I can't save everyone I'd like to.

Being away from home for as long as I have (especially in such a unique place as Ecuador) has really thrown me for quite the loop before hurling me right into the real world. I miss you guys a ton, and I can't wait to show you guys when I come home in a few months just how much I've changed, how much I've spiritually grown, and how much I've learned. Until next week, I can't thank the both of you, as well as everyone else enough for the love and support that I've been given in order to be here and serve the Lord. Thank you so much for your prayers, and for going through the trials and tribulations along with me. I love you guys so much, but I can't re-pay you guys for the amount of love you've given me. Take care, and be strong for both of us.

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane Parke

PS Tell Clark that I love that cute little chubby dog. Also, please let me know if Chloe's passed on yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment