Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 68

Hi, Mom. So, this past week's been SUPER stressful for the both of us. First of all, I totally spaced on taking my camera cord with me to the cyber, because we decided to go to Daule (a city an hour and a half away with a shopping center, but is outside of the mission. Don't worry, we asked permission from President and he said it was okay) for us to go do a little shopping in the supermarket they have there. The main reason being so we can procure this coffee substitute (like the one we always have in our house) for a less active who has a slight coffee addiction. Don't worry, I promise you that I still have my camera, and I've been taking plenty of pictures and videos on it. It's kinda funny to hear that it's cold at home, because "Winter" here is one of the hottest times of the year. Even though it's been raining quite a bit lately, that doesn't do us any favors when it comes to how humid this country can potentially get. It feels as if we've become carrots placed in a vegetable steamer!
So, now that I've got three full weeks here in Balzar, I've now got a good feel of what's going on here, and how my companion an I make some magic happen here and turn the branch completely around if we play our cards right. The leaders here have really good hearts, but the thing is they don't seem to know how they can truly magnify and sanctify their callings as leaders, even though some of the ways have been staring them right in the face. Another thing is we have 4 very different guys who were at some time Branch Presidents here. So, they each have 4 different mindsets on how to make the branch be running smoother than it is right now. However, the four of us that have been called to serve here at this time will do whatever it takes in order to help these guys come together and help this branch (and all of the members in it) witness miracles. It won't be easy, but it's a sacrifice that we're willing to make. I love you guys a TON, and I apologize again for not remembering to send any photos or videos this week. Until next week, thanks again for all of the love, prayers, and support! Take care!!!
Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment