Monday, September 7, 2015

WEEK 47 From Guayaquil to Quevedo

Dear Mom,

And so it happened to me as well. After 7 months in my sector of Las Americas (and 9 in my zone of Kennedy in Guayaquil), I finally got called for transfers!!! In really short terms, I got called from being in the southern-most part of our mission to the northern-most part of our mission. I got to travel in a bus for 3 AND A HALF HOURS to arrive at my new zone and sector. It reminds me a ton of my first zone and sector in Babahoyo, but it's a little more green here. My new companion is Elder Wilson, he has 18 months in his mission, and he is really awesome! I can't wait to get to know him better as we both testify of this restored Gospel and the significance it's had in our lives to anyone and everyone that we will find. I feel kinda sad as well, because I only had 3 weeks with Elder Finch. He became District Leader, he's in a new Sector, and as a cherry on top, he's going to be training a new missionary, as well. Even with stress levels through the roof, he's still a grand example to me personally, because he's still smiling, and he's still going to give it all he's got... Despite proselyting in one of the admittedly most difficult sectors in all of our mission. If I can, I'd truly like to see Elder Finch again after our missions, because not only is he an exceptional example of a missionary and leader, but he's also a really nice and amazing friend of mine. If I can, I'll try to take tons of great pictures of my new zone and sector, in addition to trying to send any other pictures that I got (because if I'm right, I found some computers here that are compatible with my SD Card. Also, I know just how badly all of you want to see my pretty face after being down here in Ecuador for 11 MONTHS NOW! WOO!!! Anyway, I can't wait to see what new people and adventures await me here in Quevedo, and to be able to share as much of it with you guys as I can. Until next week, keep praying often, and never give up, because Jesus loves you, and if you look carefully enough, you'll be able to notice it each and every moment of each and every day. I love you guys so much, and remember to give it your all in order to receive the blessings God has in store for you! 

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner "Poderoso" Parke


No comments:

Post a Comment