Monday, August 24, 2015

WEEK 46!!!!!

Hey, Mom. So, I got the gigantic letter from Leilani, and it's really surprising to hear that so much has happened recently. Here's a picture of my Gringo companion, Elder Finch. He's from Utah, but grew up in Alaska! He's really cool, and it's so far been a lot of fun helping him get to know my sector, and all that it has to offer (good and bad, hahahahaha). He's a really great missionary, and has even helped me been able to help some of our investigators that were progressing at a snail's pace to have Baptismal Dates set, to be committed to attend Church, and even find new people to teach! I miss you guys a lot, but I'm so glad to hear a lot of good news! I just want to take a little time to apologize, and say that I could've been a better person and example for those around me... Especially the kids. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that the kids are doing great, and are ready to go back to school again. I have faith that Nika's going to do great in her first year of school (whoa!!!) and Leilani will do wonders in her first year of college. (Double whoa!!!) Here, I'm just doing anything and everything I can to help Elder Finch come to know everything as I've come to know. It's been a bit tricky for him, because before coming here, he served 8 months in El Truinfo, which is basically the opposite of here (rural, not urban; fields, not buildings, etc. etc). He's not as accustomed as I've become to waking to the sonic booms from the turbines of airplanes every 5 minutes early in the mornings, hahahahaha!!! It's even funnier, because I still sleep like a rock through them, but wake up to his alarm clock going off O_o Anyway, it's been awesome, because he's the very first American companion that I have had the grand blessing of having in my mission. But, he prefers to speak in Spanish, because after all, we are teaching and preaching in the country of Ecuador :P I love the e-mails that you guys have sent me this week, because it really motivated me to continue to give it my all while I'm still here. I love you guys so much, keep praying (because I can't work as hard as I've been without your guys's prayers and support), and say hi to that adorable little girl Jordyn Taylor for me!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke


No comments:

Post a Comment