Monday, September 7, 2015

WEEK 48 El Empalme

Hi, Mom. Well, I've already been in my new sector of El Empalme (which isn't in Quevedo, surprisingly, but it's 20 minutes away by bus), and let me just say, it's a MONSTER of a sector. Even though there's another companionship serving with us here in Empalme, it's still beyond gigantic, because it's practically its own town separate from Quevedo. Not only that, but almost all of it is "campo" (field, as opposed to working in the city like I was before). Lots of dust, dirt, rocks, and nice people. It's really funny, because my first time attending church here this past week, and they announced that we are no longer a ward anymore, but a branch. The reason being that not enough members were coming to church, and our ward wasn't earning not nearly enough Tithing from its working members. It's both surprising and sad, because there were only 2 wards in and around Quevedo, and El Empalme was one of them. Even though this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I can't help but feel like it's irrationally my fault. Everywhere I go, bad luck just seems to follow my footsteps. I guess that doesn't make too much sense, though, so I ought to just let it go (haha, Frozen reference. Where's Nika to start singing for me). Anyway, it's not so bad here, but it's going to take an absolute ton of time for me to get used to, especially after serving for so much time in the city; specifically in Guayaquil for so long. It's good to hear that everyone's doing okay, and it's so shocking to think that I'm almost halfway done with my mission. The time goes by so quick, especially when you just lose yourself in the work. I can't wait to see what serving here in Empalme brings to the table. Just by the looks of things, it's going to be interesting to have the blessing of serving here, to say the least. Elder Wilson's really awesome, really chill, and we make a pretty good companionship. We just need to tighten some bolts in our teachings, but other than that, everything's hunky-dory between us. I'll be sure to take lots of awesome pictures and share them with everyone. Until next week, keep praying each and every day, never forget that God loves us, is always listening, and He will never stop being there for each and every one of us. Take care, guys, and keep smiling!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment