Wednesday, September 23, 2015

WEEK 49!!! Enjoying El Empalme


Hi, Mom. So, after two weeks so far here in El Empalme, things are extremely different here than they are in the city of Guayaquil, but this place is still pretty cool in its own ways. I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons that President Riggins sent me all the way up here is so then I could get myself a taste of the missionary work in the Field, after being in the city for practically half of my mission. Regardless, this place isn't half bad. Our main goal between my companion Elder Wilson and I is to find all the people that supposedly ought to be coming to Church, but haven't been. In other words, a good 4/5 of our ward are Less Active members, so it's the job of the four of us here (Me, Elder Wilson, and the other two missionaries here in Empalme, Elders Scribner and Zeta) to basically Search & Rescue any and all that we can. 

One of the things that I've had going through my mind each and every day recently is a question that my mom told me that I should be asking myself after each day of work here: "Am I happy?" and if not, then why not? I honestly haven't been able to find a true reason to not be happy here. I mean, I'm doing some of the greatest work in the universe here, and it's so crazy to believe that I'm almost halfway through. I've taken lots of awesome pictures, but the computer that I'm using to write this week doesn't seem to support my SD Card. Sorry for all those that are waiting for lots of crazy amazing pictures this week, but I promise that I have taken some really cool pictures of my new sector, my companion, and other crazy shenans going on down here in Ecuador.

So, this week's a little bittersweet, because a LOT of the missionaries that I've come to know and make really good friends with here in the mission are finally going home tonight. So, I would just like to extend a great big thanks to all those awesome missionaries that have helped me become the (not trying to toot my own horn here, but) freaking awesome missionary that I've developed to be. Big thanks to Elder Sink (super cool Zone Leader from Las Vegas), Elder Aguilar (my first trainer and father in Babahoyo from Honduras), and Elder Miller (the awesome Secretary of President Amaya and President Riggins for over a year WOW). Thanks so much for the service that you guys have put your hearts and your souls into in order to help`bring others closer to Christ, and to receive the Restored Gospel through the great faith and testimonies that each of these spectacular missionaries have. Until next week guys, keep praying often, God is always there, and never forget to do anything and everything you can to find just one thing to smile about each day. Whether that be a crazy old guy skipping outside a Mini-Market, or thinking about a cute little spider with a water drop for a hat. I love you guys so much, and thank you all again for the love and support while I'm here having a blast in Ecuador. Take care!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke



No comments:

Post a Comment