Sunday, August 16, 2015

WEEK 45!!!!

Hi, Mom. First of all, something really hit me recently, and it was something that Dad told me before I left. "You're only happy in the mission if you want to be." I've noticed that I've been doing an unusual amount of complaining - in my journal, with my companions, with some of our members... And I just realized that I don't like it. Because if I truly wanted to enjoy my mission (like both Elder Alcantara and Elder Finch have told me), then why complain? Why not just smile, and move on? Finally, I told Elder Finch that he's absolutely right. Because to be perfectly honest, I really don't want to be one of those missionaries that look back at their Mission Journals, and pictures, and stuff, and based on what they wrote and kept, they think: "Wow, my mission sucked." I'd much rather do anything and everything I can possible right now to enjoy the 2 measly years (almost only one) that I've been given to invite as much people as I humanly can to Come Unto Christ by receiving His Restored Gospel. It's going to be hard, I won't doubt it. But I'd rather end the day here, soaked in sweat, feet hurting, and extremely exhausted from working, than not do anything. I love my mission, I love my companions, and I couldn't be happier just to be here. I know that I'm only going to be with Elder Finch for a short time before I get transferred to (considering that I now have 7 whole months in this sector alone), but I'm going to do my hardest to make the absolute most of it, no matter what! I love you guys so much, and always remember (this is especially for Nika. Starting school, and all)... If and when times get hard, just think of a small and simple way to turn it positive. For example, even though this has been the hardest year of my life, I'm just happy to even be able to be here. And more importantly, that God and Jesus Christ called me to be here. Stay positive, keep praying often, and never forget that I love each of you guys!!! Say hi to the Taylors, the Lindbergs, and the Hunts for me!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment