Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 65 Pre-New Year's Transfers WOAH 12/28/15


Hi, Mom! So, if you haven't guessed yet, I got TRANSFERRED!!! I am now serving in the sector and town of Balzar, and in the zone of Vinces. I am a good hour and a half from my old sector of El Empalme, but I am now serving alongside a really good friend of mine, Elder Reilly from Arizona. Funny thing is Elder Reilly and I were in the same district in the Mexico MTC, so we know each other fairly well, we get along well, and I believe we can make some magic happen in the time that we're going to have as a companionship. That being said, Elder Reilly's given me a little background information about the sector here. So, Balzar has four missionaries (Balzar 1, and I am now in Balzar 2), and it is also a branch - not a ward, but a branch. Their latest attendance is about 70, which has climbed from 50 a few months back, according to my companion. Also, what Elder Reilly's told me, we need to be loving, but very direct with these people, so that they know that we're 100% serious, but at the same time, they know that we are here serving in Ecuador, because we love them. Not only that, but we're willing to do just about whatever it takes for them to receive the salvation that they sometimes had no idea they lacked in their lives. 

So, as I promised to my parents, I'll be taking a lot more pictures (of my companions, of my apartment, of the food I eat, of the people I visit, etc.), so all of you awesome people reading the blog each week can see just how awesome it is to be serving in a place like Ecuador, jaja! Sadly, I won't be able to send any pictures today, because I am still in the process of unpacking all of my stuff in my new apartment. However, I will be absolutely sure to send lots of amazing pictures (maybe a video or two if I can). I have to admit that I've found it surprisingly hard to find the time and the place to take any photos, especially with the Work taking up all of my time and attention. I do apologize in advance for the lack of photos on the blog, knowing just how badly you guys want to see how awesome this place is, in addition to reading about it. It brings me more happiness than anything to hear about how well everyone's doing back home, and to hear about how many blessings my family's been able to have, because of the sacrifice and dilligence of both of our parts. It almost scares to me to think and admit that I now have 15 months in my mission. The time here passes by so quickly, especially when we, as missionaries, are losing ourselves in the Work. I love you guys a ton, I wish you guys a wonderful happy New Year's, and can't wait to see just about crazy awesome surprises this new year is going to bring. Until next week, take care guys!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke


No comments:

Post a Comment