Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 59 'Cause I'm the Best There Is

Hi, Mom. So, here we are, just cruising and sitting mighty pretty, the four of us here in El Empalme, especially because of the fact that we will be having baptismal services for each and every week for this month of November. The chances are extremely high that we will also be having more up until Christmas, where I'll make one of the big "cash-ins" of all this hard work, and be able to talk to you guys again, woohoo! I've been meaning to let you guys know, my e-mail address that you guys posted on my mission blog (I couldn't help myself, and took a peek at it) has a typo - it's missing the period between my first name and my last name. Perhaps after that, I'll be able to receive a few more e-mails from anyone that has a ton of questions for me. Anyway, not too much has happened since last week. What did happen is we basically drowned our house in disinfectant and bleach, and gave it a deep cleanse, because we will be having House Inspections soon by President Riggins and Sister Riggins. I can still remember the last inspections we had, while I was still serving in Guayaquil, and we won the Cleanest House "Award", haha! I find it hilarious, because my companionElder Wilson used to always say to me while I would either be cleaning or cooking in our house: "Wow, your wife will really love you." And the only response that I would give him is, "I know, right?" hahahahaha! But in all seriousness, the mission's taught me a bazillion things that I really needed to work on, and one of them was my Selfsufficiency, or Autosufficiency, or whatever most people like to call it. In order to better myself in that department, I decided to do more exercise (I weigh around 160-170 now, if you guys or anyone else is curious), more cleaning, and more cooking. I just find myself more content while I'm doing something like that, especially in the service of my companion. I just find it easier to feel the Spirit, and have a clearer mind, which I really like. That being said, while I was writing this post, I was thinking of this quote from this old cartoon, Kids Next Door, where one of the characters, Numbuh 274, says: "You may have managed to beat my friends, but you won't be me so easily... Because I'm the best there is." As long as we're keeping the commandments and doing anything and everything we can to be worthy to have the Spirit of God to be with us each day, not even something like a Bad Hair Day, for example, could keep us down, because we would just find ourselves automatically happy, if that makes any sense. I love you guys a ton, and I can't wait to get the next package that you guys have sent me! I'm a little bummed that I couldn't get any of the stuff that Kelly and Sherri planned to send me, but it happens. Until next week, stay strong, stay true, and remember that "men are, that they might have joy {here on Earth}." Take care!!!


Con Sinceridad y Amor,

No comments:

Post a Comment