Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 55!!!!

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

Hi, Mom. First of all, I can't believe that it's already Autumn/Fall there again! I can still remember sending e-mails while I was in the MTC and while it was Autumn last year. Just looking at the pictures you sent me makes me wish I was there to rake the leaves in the front yard. Wow, I can't believe how long I've been away from home, it just blows my mind! It's so insane to hear about all the stuff that's been going on at home! It's funny, because a lot of us missionaries tend to believe that time will either stop or at least slow down while we're serving. It almost scares me to think how different everything will be when I'll finally be getting back home in about a year. Regardless, that's not going to keep me from saving as many souls as I humanly can before that time eventually comes. Anyway, I was recently asked, "Elder Parke, what would you like to receive in a package?" To be perfectly honest, there are 3 distinct things that pop into my head that answer that question. (3) I could always use more socks. That's right, socks. For some reason that I still cannot seem to explain, my socks have been wearing out unusually quickly. By that, I mean they've been getting shredded from right under my nose (or should I say, my feet). Whether it be from how much walking I've been doing, or any other reason that I'll seem to find, I could REALLY use more socks - specifically, black socks. (2) I would LOVE to get some more ties. I've received a couple of ties from some of my companions, and I've also traded some ties in exchange for some cool ties of other missionaries. My last couple of companions, Elder Wilson and Elder Finch, have shown me that they have nearly 40 TIES that they brought on their missions! I could hardly believe it, considering I only got 10. In other words, I've come to know that a missionary could NEVER have enough ties. (1, but definitely not least) I would give absolutely ANYTHING to open up a package and find staring me straight in the face... A JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER. There's no doubt in the world that I could make the absolute most of the socks and ties that would get sent to me. But, to receive in a package a jar of Jif (or Skippy, but preferrably Jif) Peanut Butter is a missionary's dream come true - ESPECIALLY mine, hahahaha. Thanks so much, though, for all your guys' love and support, and if any of you guys have any questions or anything on the blog, be sure to shoot me an e-mail, at (conner.parke@myldsmail.net). I love you guys so much, keep praying often, and remember: Jesus loves you!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,

Elder Conner Duane "Poderoso" Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment