Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WEEK 25!!!

Happy Birthday to me!!!! Haha, I'm just kidding. What's going on, everyone? It feels like it's been so much longer than just a week since I last wrote, hahaha! As everyone knows, this Thursday (or should I say Jueves) is my 20th birthday! I may not be able to celebrate it with a cake, balloons, or with my family and friends, but I honestly couldn't be more grateful to be out here serving, even though it means having to "work" on my birthday, haha! So, without further ado, a little summary of how my week's been.
This past week (for me anyway) has been work, work, and more work, haha. Searching and trying to come across ways to find people to teach, and more importantly (and time-consuming) how to effectively teach those people, as well as those that we already have to teach, in a way that doesn't involve us having to come back and teach the same thing that we taught the week before. I have said prayers, made fasts, and have even gone through the transfer of my companion (despite being in this sector for hardly a month). I honestly can no longer imagine what I need to do, what it's truly going to take before my mission stops trying to pull my hair out,  and give me just a pinch of liniency and room to breathe.
As I just said, my companion, Elder Alfaro, had a transfer this morning, simply because he had been serving in this sector for nearly 5 months. My new companion is Elder Alcantara from Peru, who has nearly a year in his mission, and knows ZERO English. To be honest, I was expecting to have a companion like Elder Alcantara sooner or later to help me out of my comfort zone and help me learn Spanish more "efficiently", hahahaha. However, that isn't going to help me with the fact that I hardly know my sector, and I hardly know who lives where, members and investigators alike. I can't help but feel a little ashamed and embarrassed not knowing enough about my sector. Through my sincere desire to receive help from the Lord and from my Heavenly Father, I know that I will be able to help the people in this sector that I am in right now with my new companion.
No one, and I repeat, no one had EVER said that this calling would be easy.  Obviously and especially taking upon the name of Christ isn't meant to be easy. But, in exchange for the blessings that I know are going to come in the long run of my life, especially after my mission and when I start my own family, it's a sacrifice that without a doubt I am willing to make. To be able to bless my future wife and children in ways far greater than I could have if I wouldn't have served, I cannot fathom in my mind. I hope that all of you may come to know just how blessed we are in this life to have the restored Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ upon the Earth for all of our salvation, profit, and learning. I love you all, and may God be with you until I may write once again next week. Until then, "peace be unto thy soul."
Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment