Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 20!!!!

Hi, Mom <3. 

Things have been crazy lately, and crazy in a crazy way, at that, haha! But, through it all, I've been given more than enough signs that Heavenly Father's been with me every step of the way to help me through it all. Nobody said that a mission, in addition to being a Representative of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was EVER going to be easy, especially when it was NEVER easy for Him. I couldn't be more grateful for how, even though it's been slow, even though it's been quite the bumpy road up to this point, and it will undoubtedly continue to be bumpy, I now have an ever-growing testimony of how my Heavenly Father hears and answers each and every one of my prayers. It may not come in my timetable, or the timetable that I remotely expect it to come, but Heavenly Father will never, ever let down any of His children, especially if they are willing to come closer to Him and His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ in any and all ways that they can.

If you haven't guessed yet, the gigantic, main reason that I say that is the absolutely mind-blowing fact that I got my camera back. When I visited the Offices because my companion was having some financial issues for still being on his mission, I was told that a package was waiting for me, and it was addressed from the CCM of Mexico City. When we got home, I couldn't be more curious and bewildered as to what could be waiting for me in the package. The $40 that I still haven't received in the mail? Anything that, by chance, I left at the CCM? Sure enough, when I opened up the package, what was waiting for me inside was none other than my camera case with the camera inside. Obviously, all the pictures that used to be in it were gone, and the menus and stuff had been changed to Spanish, but other than that, it still completely works, and I've been able to take some awesome pictures with it. The bad news, however, is that I gave away my camera cord to my friend from the CCM, Hermana Neilson, because (1) I thought I'd never get my camera back, and (2) she didn't have a camera cord that she could use for her camera at all. So, I felt kinda bad that I had a cord, but no camera, and she had a camera, but no cord. Still, I got my camera back, and I couldn't be absolutely happier that Heavenly Father gave me such a grand blessing at this time.

I forgot to mention, I did get your guys' package with the shoes in it two weeks ago, and let me just say that I absolutely LOVE them. They're EXTREMELY comfortable, and they look AMAZING. Also, I've been sharing the Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish with my roommates, so that's been awesome, too. Overall, I would like to say that this week has been a pretty good week, despite some irritating trials (no sleep, headaches, and the Work being a bit slow). I love you guys so much, and if I had some more time, I would share more, but I just wanted to take the time to share that with story and testimony with you guys while I could.  Because He hears me, He answers my prayers, and I know that through Him, as well as through Jesus Christ, everything is going to be okay. May the Spirit of God be with each of you guys, and take care, until next week! I love you guys so much!!!

Con Sinceridad y Amor,
Elder Conner Duane Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment