Monday, December 15, 2014

week 13!!!! IM IN GUAYAQUIL!!! 12/11/14

I think I am dreaming. Can someone pinch me and wake me up from this insane past week? No? Well, guess I should just go ahead and make an update on how things have been this past sluggish, hectic, instigating, mystifying week. What is goin' on, everyone? Week 6 is now underway, and let me just start with how I'm not in Kansas (I mean Babahoyo) anymore... I'm now in Guayaquil!!!

Effective this very morning, I got transferred from my zone in Babahoyo to one of the three (I think it's three. Or maybe four) zones here in the great big city of Guayaquil! I got a completely new trainer, new district, new zone, and all new possibilities for all new adventures! Also, I'm really not sure how this works right now, but I think I'm in a trio (or a quad. I don't know, it's kinda weird). Obviously, I was kinda sad to leave the friends that I made out of my old trainer, district, and zone, but the will of God works in very unique, and usually very fantastic ways. I'm really gonna miss the friends that I made out of the members, as well, and they said that they're gonna miss me a ton, too. But I get the feeling that my time in Babahoyo is only done for now, and I'll be back eventually.

Starting literally after I finished e-mailing last week on my P-Day, my trainer and I were told to swap houses with some other elders in our zone. After that, our appointments that we made started to fall through, so we had the toughest time finding anyone to teach and preach to. It really took a toll on our faith, especially because not even our Less Actives (which we had a lot of in our area) weren't even able to follow through with our appointments anymore. But, my trainer kept telling me that this is just a bump in the road, and we just have to remain faithful and true to why we were there, and why the Lord saw it fit that we be tested a little, before we have some greater success later on. And just when I thought I was beginning to make progress again with learning the Spanish and having the motivation to get out there and teach alongside my fantastic trainer, I got transferred. -_-*

In between today (my being transferred) and moving into our new house last Monday, we had even more training in Milagro, and so we had to take buses yet again in order to get there and back. On the first bus I rode on, I was so tired that I forgot to take my wallet and put it from my hand into my pocket. So I ended up falling asleep, dropping my wallet on the bus, and forgetting it as we got off. Which is absolutely fantastic, considering it had my mission debit card, my personal debit card, $20 in cash, and my Medical Insurance card that I was issued all in it. 

I love all of you, and I'm so very thankful for the love, the support, for the prayers, and for the presence of the Spirit that I have been able to have, thanks to everyone. I was able to receive the Christmas Card from the Siddoway family last Friday, and it really gave me something to smile about when I needed it most. May God and His Spirit be with each of you to help guide you, protect you, comfort you, and love you in this wonderful life he has blessed us with.

Con Amor (Love),
Elder Conner Duane Parke

No comments:

Post a Comment